index > Environment > Enviromental Pictures

The first garbage treatment demonstration station to build in Chamdo City

By Source:China Tibet News 2018-11-08


  [Photo/China Tibet News/Liu Fang]

Recently, Chamdo City has fully utilized the advantages of aid-Tibet resources and actively cooperated with Tianjin Ze Ming Co. Ltd. The first small and harmless garbage treatment demonstration station has been built in Langthong Village, Sheshung Town of Tengchen County.

The demonstration station is based on the reality of serious solid waste pollution, difficult environmental control and fragile ecological environment in agricultural and pastoral areas. It is in accordance with the treatment mode of"'garbage classification'—'harmless treatment'—'resource recovery'" and advanced technology is adopted. The demonstration station covers an area of only 2 m² and can meet the needs of more than 1,200 people for daily garbage disposal. It can deal with about 550 tons of garbage throughout one year, reduce more than 95% of the weight and volume of garbage and the remaining less than 5% ash can be used as new materials to road filling and other applications.

This measure effectively improves the local pollution treatment capacity, environmental protection awareness of the masses, and explores a new way for the beautiful rural construction of Chamdo City.[Liu Fang, Hu Wen]

Travel News
Cultural News